The world of Skin Care / Makeup Artistry is in a state of constant change that a good Cosmetologist or Esthetician must keep up with it to continue to be successful.
- Seasons of the Year
- Current Trends in Fashions
- Innovative Manufacturing Techniques
- Computer Generated Colors
- The hottest color combinations
- Revolutionary technology
- Simple techniques
- High-resolution finish
- One-of-a-kind customization
- Ultimate perfection
- Custom blend foundations
- Custom luminous translucent and pressed powder
- Custom mineral powders
- Cream concealer
- Colorful eye shadow
- Liquid eyeliner
- Lip crayon
- Lip shine
- And more!
- Create an additional income stream by selling makeup on a retail basis to your own clients. This can become your own separate business.
- Specialization in color specific makeovers for bridal parties, proms, and other special events and occasions, including film, video, television, theatre, fashion photography, and runway.
- Offer makeovers at women’s lunches, fund raisers, spas, health clubs, and women’s support agencies.
Proper skin care is just as important as proper nutrition. No matter what age or sex a person is, everybody wants to prevent and diminish wrinkles, fade away scars and have healthy, youthful, glowing skin that feels soft and supple.
It all starts with learning about the basic procedure for a facial.
- Describe the material and equipment required for facial treatments
- Demonstrate the required or optional manipulations for a facial
- Identify the various types of corrective facials given in the beauty salon
- Describe packs and masks and their possible ingredients
- Describe material and procedures for various facial masks
- Identify reasons a client might find fault with a facial treatment
- Describe the two general classifications of unwanted hair removal
- Identify the three methods of permanent hair removal
- Demonstrate the techniques involved in the thermolysis method of permanent hair removal
- Demonstrate the methods of temporary hair removal
- Deep Cleaning Emulsion
- PH Skin Normalizer
- Daily Moisture Enhancer
- Eye Cream
- Skin Perfecting Complex
- Nail Extensions
- Demonstrate the proper use of instruments, cosmetics and materials used in manicuring.
- Demonstrate the proper procedure, as well sanitary and safety precautions for a manicure or pedicure
- Demonstrate massage techniques used when giving a manicure or pedicure
- Define and demonstrate the different types of manicures
- Demonstrate the procedure for a pedicure
- Explain and demonstrate advanced nail techniques such as artificial nail applications, nail wrapping, and mending, in addition to artificial nail removal.